cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv on the go saved recordings playback error

shuggg
Joining in

I am having a problem when trying to playback recordings on the Virgin TV Go app that are saved on a V6 box.

When trying to watch a show I get a black screen with following error message.

"Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 1"

I am using the local network - the V6 box using wired ethernet and the phone with TV Go app is using WIFI on the same network.

This has worked fine for years before and I tested using BBC shows and Sky Sports recordings on channels I know have no restrictions as they have worked fine before.

Any other suggestions on things to try to troubleshoot?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello shuggg,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV go app at the moment. 

Have you tried to remove and re-install the application since the issues started? Are you using the most up to date version of the TV GO app?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

iceboy1952
Tuning in

I'm going round in circles..Contact them by phone, but no one answers. just an automated voice to say we've sent you an link for a chat, but that doesn't work .Reset my password, but that never comes through, it's bloody madening.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @shuggg and @iceboy1952 

If you both have V6 boxes then try using the TV Control app to playback recordings. Info below from

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-control-app 

How to stream or download recordings

If you’ve got a Virgin TV V6 box, you can use the app to watch selected recordings on your mobile or tablet around the home. You can even download them from the Virgin TV V6 box and watch them on the go.

You’ll just need to be connected to your home network to stream or download your recordings. But once your recordings have been downloaded, you can play them anywhere. Say goodbye to boring train rides.

Note: You cannot download recordings from Virgin TV 360 boxes.

How you stream or download recording depends on what type of device you have.....

It then continues with instructions for ios and android devices.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey iceboy1952 👋🏼 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are facing on the app.
We will send a private message to further assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

iceboy1952
Tuning in

I don't have tv on the go and I'm not giving my details out willy nilly..It seems there's too many different people contacting me through private messaging asking for details!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@iceboy1952 wrote:

I don't have tv on the go and I'm not giving my details out willy nilly..It seems there's too many different people contacting me through private messaging asking for details!

Anyone using the official VM logo as their avatar & a tag of "Forum Team" is a bone fide VM UK based Forum Staff Member. You are quite safe giving details to them.

If you don't have an issue related to this thread, why are you posting on it?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Because I'm being messaged and tagged in it, that's why.

I am sorry to hear this.

I can see my colleague has sent you a DM, if you do require support still, please do message them back.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?