cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVgo on PC

ThomasG95
Joining in

Hello,

Today I have tried to watch something on my PC (I've never watched Virgin tv on my PC before) and have had the error "not available - we can't play this at the moment" come on.

I've tried it on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and the TV go app, all with the same issue.

I've deleted all my cache/cookies and restarted the computer and still have the same issue. 

I've tried on my phone and that works fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

25 REPLIES 25

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this Live TV channels or On Demand content that you cannot see?

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've only tried live TV so not sure if its both or not.

I've just tried multiple box sets and it says "This programme can only be played on your Virgin TV box." on them all.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The On Demand blocking is selective & is dependent on the broadcaster, so I would expect that.

As far as the live channels are concerned make sure you don't have any kind of VPN running (such as is included with Norton 360).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No VPN is on, just double checked.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @ThomasG95,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, as advised if you do presently have a VPN on your system, then it can cause an issue with using the TV Go app, have you tried accessing the same stuff without your VPN on?

Cheers. Joe

Hello Joseph,

I do not use a VPN.

Thanks for coming back to us ThomasG95, is it all live content that you're having issues with or is it on specific channels?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello,

yes it’s all live channels.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ThomasG95 

Thanks for your post

Have you been able to try the TVGo app on an alternate device? If not, please do give this a try and keep me updated with how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs