cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV go app constantly asks to re register

mne2
On our wavelength

I've got a Google pixel 8 pro and every time I launch virgin TV go it says I need to replace a device. I do this, come off the app, go straight back on and it tells me the same thing. What's going on as it's pretty much unusable right now

3 REPLIES 3

mne2
On our wavelength

For clarification I am using the app

HI mne2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are facing issues with TV Go on your Pixel 8 pro, do you get the same error when trying a different device?

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've got similar symptoms on my Android device, and have an ongoing case with VM Support. To help clarify if it is the same... (and I'll flag it if so)

Check your registered devices using "device management" on https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/settings/devicemanagement and make a note of the device name in question - capitalisation & spacing is crucial here.

Next time you load the app and it prompts for the device name, make no changes and simply proceed. After done, recheck the device management. Have there been any changes? If not, and the latest TV Go session is thus using the same slot as the previous device, this replicates the issue I've raised.

If so... can you confirm your device's Android SW version (usually found in the settings menu somewhere) and also copy & paste the output from TV Go > Settings > Diagnostics into this forum thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks