cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VM TV Go App Issue - Service not available

Bigandy72
Joining in

Hi Kath,

I'm having a similar problem as the other user only I can't access virgin tv go on either my iPad or my android phone here in Italy on holiday.

Both have always previously worked fine in the UK but I'm getting a message saying "sorry this programme is not available in this region" for every single channel.

I've tried the suggestion you gave previously of uninstalling the app and switching the device off and back on again before re installing but to no avail!

I would really like to be able to sort this out ASAP if you could help I would be very grateful as I don't want to miss my football games tomorrow as well as tonight. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bigandy72 

Your issue with TVGo on your ipad and android phone are completely different to that of the other posters in this thread.

TVGo is only available in the UK. The EU roaming with TVGO stopped at midnight on the 31st of December 2020 however you are still able to download content to watch. 

EDIT  You might be able to circumvent the restriction by using a VPN.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bigandy72, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're missing your football games whilst away in Italy. As mentioned by newapollo, streaming live TV isn't possible when out of the country I'm afraid. You can only live stream when in the UK. 

Once you're back in the UK, the live streaming should return to working as normal. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs