cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. Cannot log into Sky Sports app/ wont register virgin credentials

harvmeister
Tuning in

Sky Sports app is not registering virgin details when trying to log on. I enter them and when I goto watch live TV it.keeps asking me to sign in. Sky apps have told me to contact Virgin Media

15 REPLIES 15

DBrackets
Tuning in

I've got exactly the same problem - have tried on a couple of devices. The sign-in process seems to work (no error message) but whenever I click on the channel it pops up the "Sign in to watch" thing again.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @harvmeister 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with the Sky Sports app, can I ask if you are clicking log in with My Virgin Media TV and then entering the same log in information for your My Virgin Media account? 

You can view more information on the steps here

Yes I am 

Do the details you're using allow access to your Virgin Media online account? Are you trying to watch via a mobile device or desktop? Support is here as previously linked.

Rob

OHJ
Just joined

harvmeister, DBrackets - don't know if it helps but I had the same issue and I was using firefox. I swapped to Chrome and it worked straight away for me. Think the newest version of firefox on Jan 23rd has caused an issue with the sky go process somehow.

My issue is now resolved Hope yours is as well

We're glad to hear this has now been resolved. 

^Martin

i have been unable to sign in to sky sports tonight using the virgin log in button and my virgin log in details - i just get a blank screen every time while the browser (I tried Chrome, Opera and Edge) is trying to open oauth.virginmedia.com

Hey @rouchie Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

Are you able to sign in to My Virgin Media?
Try to reset the MyVM password then try to log in to the Sky Sports app again.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs