cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to sky sports via virgin media

jbid9020
Tuning in

I have been watching sky sports via virgin media on a Samsung A tablet T550 for a while without issue. However, recently it has stopped working, it gets through to the sky sports app but after that, it eventually came up with a message saying I was not connected to the Internet, when I knew full well I was. I thought it may be a sky sports app quirk so I unistalled it, and then tried to reinstall the sky sports app, and it would not download. There was a small info text that said the device was not compatible, does anyone know if there has been a change recently. Buying a new tablet seems like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jbid9020 

Sorry to say but the Samsung galaxy Tab A T550 is looking a little long in the tooth now. It was released in May 2015. Looking at sammobile  <here>  it seems the last firmware update for this was to android 7.1.1  in April 2019.

The Sky Sports android app was last updated on 18th July 2024 and requires android version 9 and later.

You might be able sideload a later apk for the app as a workaround however it's unlikely to be compatable.

ss app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jbid9020 

Sorry to say but the Samsung galaxy Tab A T550 is looking a little long in the tooth now. It was released in May 2015. Looking at sammobile  <here>  it seems the last firmware update for this was to android 7.1.1  in April 2019.

The Sky Sports android app was last updated on 18th July 2024 and requires android version 9 and later.

You might be able sideload a later apk for the app as a workaround however it's unlikely to be compatable.

ss app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave looks like an upgrade is due !