cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose connection at midnight

bally12345
Dialled in

Every couple of weeks at midnight my broadband goes down and I cant use it again until we reboot it.

I understand that VM do maintenence around midnight but surely it shouldn't need manually rebooting each time? 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/ec5eea1f52158426fddd397fe822... 

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @bally12345,

If you haven't done so already then please perform a factory reset of the router if the issue is ongoing and let us know if that helps to alleviate the problem at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Factory reset done and back in modem mode. 

Will keep eye on it

Probably unrelated to the factory reset but now upload is halved and no more than 52mbps

Upload in settings showing 

Max Traffic Rate 55000270 bps 

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting, were they able to assist with the issue of the upload speeds or provide next steps? 

No one has been able to help so far. 

To confirm, are all devices disconnected at midnight? Both wired and wireless?

^Martin

What is you don't get? It has nothing to do with the devices it was the Superhub that loses it connection. Not a high priority concern at the moment considering my upload speed has been reduced for no apparent reason. 

Hi @bally12345 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear your connection issue is ongoing and for any inconvenience this may be causing. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Replied to your message but I am more concerned with the fact that virgin have reduced my upload speed by half. So I think we should deal with that first. 

Hello bally12345.

Thank you for replying. Lee_R is away from the office this week but a colleague will pick up your reply.

I did have a look at the slow upload speeds and it appears to be a local issue for a few customers.

The slow upload speeds appeared after some emergency maintenance work needed to be carried out.

This issue has been raised and we are currently looking at a fix. If you need an update, just pop back on here and quote reference number F011361023.

We will be able to chase this up for you.

Gareth_L