cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose connection at midnight

bally12345
Dialled in

Every couple of weeks at midnight my broadband goes down and I cant use it again until we reboot it.

I understand that VM do maintenence around midnight but surely it shouldn't need manually rebooting each time? 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/ec5eea1f52158426fddd397fe822... 

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be failing to update property and just hanging?  Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

This may allow for any updates to proceed and stop the midnight failures.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bally12345
Dialled in

Down again since 4am 

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

No faults, just seems to be happening quite a bit recently. The only thing that has changed is the phone line changed to digital and now connects to back of the Superhub 

Hi there @bally12345 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your service and thank you again for your post.

I have checked on our side and I cannot see any outages, or issues that may be causing these drops, can I ask how things are looking since your last post? 

So last 3 times it has happened is 18 May, 29 May and 1 June.

The times in May both happened at midnight.

Outage will last until modem is rebooted and is shown in BQM.

I will post back when it happens again.

Down again right now

5 June 14:18

Hi @bally12345,

Can you confirm if you tried resetting your router?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, the only way to get it back online is to reset it. Or do you mean factory reset?