cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed test less than 1mbps. Upload speed normal.

dcweather
Dialled in

My download speed is showing less than 1 mbps with speedtest.net and other tests. Upload still ~ 30mbps. It is still loading web sites,slow but doesn't feel that slow. Tried usual rebooting hub, PC, checking ethernet cables etc - no change. Tech over phone sent link and said fault with hub and to reset the hub. What effect will this have on my services as I have all my smart heating, other smart devices on network? Will it just automatically reboot all these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gcarter
Superfast

Yeah, if you reset your hub, make sure you have the same wifi password setup as you do now.  Any devices connecting via wifi should reconnect after the reset.

However, resetting the hub sounds like a last resort to me!  Do you have any other devices you can Speedtest with, such as a mobile phone or tablet? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gcarter
Superfast

Yeah, if you reset your hub, make sure you have the same wifi password setup as you do now.  Any devices connecting via wifi should reconnect after the reset.

However, resetting the hub sounds like a last resort to me!  Do you have any other devices you can Speedtest with, such as a mobile phone or tablet? 

dcweather
Dialled in

Faster when tested with my mobile phone at 25 mbps but still  low. What does that mean. Wifi faster than ethernet. Cable fault?

gcarter
Superfast

A few questions if I may...

• What superhub model are you using?
  • What virgin media speed package are you currently subscribed to?
  • Have these speed issues in general started recently?
  • Concentrating on your wifi, have you spit the 2.4 & 5ghz wifi channels?

dcweather
Dialled in

Well after fiddling around for a couple of days just checking stuff I have turned on PC this morning and it is up to 643 mbps and 42 mbps upload ! Don't know why unless VM responded to my logged call and did something at their end. 
Anyway, thanks for the useful replies and all good, for now at least.👍