cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else in the Bristol area with issues...?

CoPHostage
Joining in

I've been having serious speed issues for a while now, but this is ridiculous. Checked Down Detector and there's a small blue blob over the Bristol area, so I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem...? This page, for example is a load of blue question mark boxes, and it's just taken me a good 20 minutes to transfer a 90MB file from my Mac to my iPad via iCloud. Gave up trying to download it the other end because, after 20 minutes that end, it'd downloaded just over 1MB

I've restarted my Mac and iPad and rebooted the router. If there are no issues with VM in this area, how do I find out what might be causing the problem...? Literally nothing works, I can't sync photos from my Mac to my iPad either. 

If this isn't the right forum, could someone redirect this (there doesn't seem to be a specific forum for network issues).

Any help folks...? This is doing my swede in now! I don't have a VPN, nor do I have anything else running which could be causing an issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it and what package are you on?

You are describing wifi connection issues, but what is it like just on the Mac connected to speed sites like...

https://speedtest.samknows.com/  - or https://www.speedtest.net/

- try then on 2 different browsers - as Chrome sometimes gives odd results.

What do you get over wifi and then when you connect the Mac to the Hub on an ethernet cable - use a RJ45 ethernet adaptor to any port you particular Mac has.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.