cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Scam

carrie88
Tuning in

I have recently been charged £15.99 on My October, November & December Bill for a Netflix subscription that I have not taken out or agreed to, I have spent over 5 hours on the phone this weekend to many customer service agents who have call me a liar, been rude and very unhelpful, still unresolved, I have contacted Netflix who has told me the email address associated with this Netflix account and it has nothing to do with me, I have explained this to customer service who are still unwilling to deal with this as a fraudulent request on my account and will not reimburse or follow this up with an investigation, as a matter of coincidence around the same time that this subscription was requested in October I had a engineer attend my property, looking through the forum this is not a singular issue as other customers have experience the same thing, is this a core issue with virgin media that engineers and customer service agents are scamming virgin media customers, is this something that should be brought to the newspapers attention because I am more than willing to do so. 

I would be interested to see how many others have experienced this issue. 

16 REPLIES 16

Ok so no still not resolved

yet again I have a £5 charge on my account for this month. 

An additional amount of 15.99 appear last month 

so as a result of the amount under credited to my account the figure you ask I felt like I was still owed was £104.97

i can not ring Netflix and cancel as this will cancel my Netflix account I have had personally with them for years or is it someone’s else’s account I am been charged for again. 

the new total amount I have been overcharged is £20.99

so in total the amount that still needs applying to my account is £125.96

this is getting ridiculous and I am honesty going to go to the ombudsman and when it’s found that you are yet again in breach of your contract I will terminate. 

Hi carrie88,

I am truly sorry that the Netflix billing issues are still ongoing. It sounds like this issue keeps snowballing and we'd really like to put an end to it and get it all sorted for you.

I've sent you over a private message now so I can take your details and have a look. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thank you

Beth

Hello. Please can you also help me with this as I have the same issue and your team has simply directed me to the 'Netflix Team' and I don't know what that is.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wood894,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with being charged for the Netflix service on the account, we will do all we can to assist with this. 

When you visit the Netflix app on your set top box, are you showing as logged in to the service? You can check this via your Apps section on the box. 

Please let us know what you find and we will be able to advise further.

Thanks, 

Nat

nextflixtivobug
Joining in

This is an absolute scam....well, its 100% a bug in the tivo software.

My wife already has a netflix subscription so decided to log into netflix on our tivo box.....however she mistakenly logged in with hotmail.co.uk  NOT her actual hotmail.com address.  - there is zero password setup or email verification

There is no verification on the email address but instead you are immediately subscribed to £15.99 netflix.

I ve cancelled online, logged out of the account on the Tivo box and powered off the Tivo. Next time it is powered on it has somehow logged itself back in and resubscribed me to netflix @£15.99

I spoke with a helpful guy on line who sorted out a refund and "deleted the netflix details" odd my Tivo.....and the account was disconnected.  - Great!   

We then logged in using our actual Netflix subscription account. After the next reboot of the Tivo box we were logged in again using the incorrect account anf another £15.99 subscription started.

This is an absolute racket. As it happens.....this exact scenario has happened to one of my neighbours who has since quit Virgin media after 12+ months of the same Netflix billing. 

nextflixtivobug
Joining in

Also...for Virgin staff. FYI - netflix account details when created through Virgin do NOT exist on Netflix's systems. My wife incorrectly used an email address that does not even exist when initially logging into to Netflix on Tivo. It doesn't even ask for a password or verify the email address...instead you are subcribed @ £15.99/month. I called netflix and they have zero record of the account using the incorrrect email address.. 

Hi @nextflixtivobug 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for your Netflix issues, we can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina