cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media, cookies and passwords

OddSocks1
Joining in

Hello

I've a few questions regarding the security of my "My Virgin Media" account.

Firstly, how long do "My Virgin Media" session cookies remain active/valid from the time of logging in before expiring? Or do they remain active/valid indefinitely?

Secondly, does a change of password to my "My Virgin Media" account:

1.) Invalidate previously active/valid session cookies?

2.) Log me out of all sessions across any and all devices where I was previously logged in?

And lastly, is it possible to review previous login sessions for my account e.g when, where and what devices have logged in to my account?

Thank you in advance of any answers, they're greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

OddSocks1
Joining in

Additional question: Is it possible to log out of active sessions remotely whilst logged in on one particular device?

Hi @OddSocks1, thank you for your posts.

Information on our Cookie Policy can be found here, but with regard to your specific questions, we've raised these to the relevant team and will get back to you with the answers as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @OddSocks1

Just to let you know, we're continuing to chase this up for you. We'll get back to you with the answers as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @OddSocks1,

The team have come back to us and advised you to refer to the "Performance cookies" section of the Cookie Policy. 

There's a thread here that discusses the best way to manage automatic sign out.

It's also been recommended that you update your password if you have any major concerns. 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi @OddSocks1,

We've now been asked to take some details from you, so your specific queries can be looked into further.

In order to do this, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel