Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elaborate Scam to get equipment

liquidvapour
Just joined

Hi 

I got an email from eq-rtns-noreply@virginmedia.co.uk

Stating: The kit you recently disconnected now needs to be returned and the good news is we have a dedicated Virgin Media doorstep collection team in your area that can collect it from you.

It goes on to detail a telephone number (+447860041003) and an email address that I will be contracted from noreply@contactengine.com.

I then got an email from noreply@contactengine.com that wanted me to click on a bunch of links that were all shorted to book equipment pickup. This feels soo phyishy. 

I phoned virgin media and they had no idea about this at all and told me not to respond to the text messages or click any links in any emails.

What is going on here?

Does anyone have any idea?

If this is legit then it needs to be done in a way that a) is less Physhy and b) the call center know about so they can help.

If it is a scam how do they know all this information. The original email has the serial numbers of my equipment!!!

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @liquidvapour 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion caused, I can confirm that this is a legitimate email address of ours however this may have been sent in error. 

Would you like us to double check the account at all for you?