cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media broadband not available for my house, all neighbours have it though?

scarter177
Joining in

Hi all, so when I put my address in the postcode checker, my address comes up as "unavailable in the area". However EVERY SINGLE one of my neighbours has access to gig1. The address is located on the main road, so I don't really see why I'm unable to get it. 

The best speed I can get for my house is 9mbps from Plusnet, for the same price my neighbours are paying for speeds of 500mbps+. 

Is there any way I can contact Virgin Media directly to be able to come out and see  if I can get broadband to my home? I tried the live chat, but the woman just repeated what the postcode checker said, saying "it's not available in my area".

Many thanks,
Sam

8 REPLIES 8

gcarter
Superfast

When we moved into a newly built property a little over 11 years ago, we had no fibre like yourself just BT copper.

However the terrace houses over the fence from our garden had it, as I saw the virgin media grates on the path.

Long story short I was given a local virgin media reps details who came to do a visit of our property and then arranged for a survey to be performed.  Several months later, a team of virgin media vans turned up with a digger and installed new grates along the back of our fence and ran a cable through our garden and into the house.

So yeah, see if you can ask for contact details for a local virgin media rep in your area and request a home visit...

Hi @scarter177 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

VM-Jon - I have a similar problem. The flat across the corridor can have virgin services, but my flat cannot. The building owners are open to any cabling as needed. Please help me!

Hi ig1469,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you.

I will private message you now. 

^Martin

Hi Martin, can you DM me too please?  

Hey there @Refjamie Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I am assuming that you too have the same issue.
I will pop over a private message and we can investigate.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for speaking with us today @Refjamie on the forums. 😇

I'm glad we have taken your details and have passed this to our install team to see if they can get you installed.
As advised - the rough time frame is for 10 days but may extend due to the holiday period.

Reach out to us for any other queries and let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Refjamie on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist and get your query sorted out. 😇
If you do have any other queries or questions in relation to VMO2 services, don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll support where we can.

Once again, thanks for speaking with us today. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team