cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Availability - Only house on street not available

davidrhysjones
Joining in

Hi,

I'm currently with virgin media and am in the process of moving home. I have checked on the postcode checker and it says that unfortunately services will not be available at my new address.

The new property is on a road which virgin media is active on. Using the postcode checker it seems to be available to all properties on the street other than the one I intend to purchase. The property is behind a gate up a short private driveway that services two detached properties (that are within 10 metres of each other). One of these two properties is able to receive virgin media, however the other (the one I am purchasing) says services are not available.

I am very happy with virgin media and would be keen to stay as a customer if services could be made available. I can't think of any reason that VM shouldn't be available here (given it's available at the other identical property neighbouring it) therefore I was wondering If there was an issue with permissions (given the private driveway) preventing the install. If this is the case I'm sure this could be easily remedied.

It would be great if someone could get in touch to see if we are able to resolve this issue.

Many thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Martyn
Superfast

definitely sounds like you should be able to get it! hopefully, the forum team see this soon and get in touch! with any luck since one house already is connected to the network, the ducting might already be there and easily accept another line.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidrhysjones 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'll send you a PM now to get some details, we can send a Spotter out to the address in question to check everything and you'll hear back from us within 10 working days.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidrhysjones 

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me those details. The form has been done and you'll be contacted within 10 working days.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

davidrhysjones
Joining in

Hi John,

Many thanks for this - it would be fantastic if we are able to progress with this once they have been able to assess he property.

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davidrhysjones 

Thanks for your message. I am sorry you've not heard back. I have emailed the relavent department and will be in touch asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Vinny_UK
Tuning in

I'd be interested to see the outcome of this as i've been in the same situ since moving into my new house 8 months ago but alas have had no luck at all, my neighbour 3 metres away can get VM broadband but i cant, the rest of the street can too. Likewise, there's also a short "private drive" to get to my neighbour & me, permissions are not an issue either. Just for reference my post is here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Fibre-Installation-Across-Private-Drivewa...  - hopefully you will have better luck than me. 

Hi @Vinny_UK 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I have emailed the relevant team for you to see if there are any plans to install your address. I used the details given to my colleague in PM previously.

I'll report back asap.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @Vinny_UK and it's great news as well.

Keep me posted if you need anything.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi @Vinny_UK 

We don't need to be on PM currently 🙂

If it is Wayleave, mention what you've said to the sales people. They'll send out the relevant email forms 🙂

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team