cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner engineer visit

VivP
Joining in

As I have not used Virgin before a partner engineer will need to visit to install the fibre to my house. Does Virgin tell customers when this engineer will be calling as I would like to be at home when he/she comes to install the line.

Thanks.

35 REPLIES 35

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

By the way, you haven't said whether you are changing from a previous supplier. If you are, the standard advice here is not to cancel it until VM is installed and working to your satisfaction, because the installation dates are notional and are frequently delayed if a new connection is required. 

Also unless you are in one of a very few areas, the connection from the road will be coaxial cable, not fibre.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks Alessandro, I have to give notice to BT a week before Virgin install my line or I will end up with a new 24 month contract with BT as they require 4 weeks notice.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are taking a risk then. Delays of weeks or months can occur. Hopefully you have reliable mobile coverage to fill in the gap. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Unfortunately Christmas reduced my options for choosing an install date. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly.

Hello VivP.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Would you like me to take a look at your account for you. See if I can clear up any confusion and book a pre install visit?

That way you can decide the best route possible before our contractors attend.

Gareth_L

Thank you Gareth, that would be most helpful to have a date when the pre-install team are going to visit as I would like to be present.

Viv

Thanks for those details VivP.

Now we have arranged the site visit, can you please let me know how you get on.

Fingers crossed we can agree a suitable cable route.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth,

The Virgin engineer turned up withing the time frame and suggested a few possible routes where the cable might go, and where the box might be situated. He also made a note that I would like to be present but I am not confident that I will be notified when the visit will take place. One problem could be if they turn up unanounced when I have gone out for a walk, but my car is blocking the shortest route for the cable. Hopefully this will not happen.

Viv

VivP
Joining in

I have just had a text giving me a date for an engineer visit. As it was not acceptable I texted CHANGE and received another text telling me to go to virginmedia.com/changeappointment. When I enter this in my browser I am taken to a Help and Support page and when I log in I am taken to a page headed 'Preparing your property for installation'.

Scrolling down to the FAQs I try the option to change or cancel my order and click the link and after another page or two I get to a page saying that my services aren't installed yet, but not giving me any option to amend the date of the engineer's visit. This is utterly useless. Why don't Virgin make it easy to change my appointment.

This is getting to be really annoying as Virgin seem to have no idea how to structure their website to make things easy for customers.

VivP
Joining in

Success. The last time I tried Virgin's 0345 number I chose an option where I needed to send a text. The reply I got was that Virgin no longer used this system. Useless.

Today I tried the 0345 number and used a different option. After being told that there was a long wait time I was put through to a very helpful man who rearranged the appointment for me to a time when I will be at home, and it took less than 12 minutes. Many thanks to that efficient chap.