cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to install VM in my address

sakigami
Joining in

Good morning,

I recently subscribed to Virgin Media, as my new address showed up as available in the website. The installation was booked for this Monday, but it was cancelled without any notification. After calling customer service, I was informed that the installation team went to the outside of my building, and found it impossible to do the installation, due to existence of metal plates. I have called again with no success, and they refuse to send new technicians to double check if it really is impossible.

This address is in a complex with many flats - and my flat is on the top floor (3rd). What I'm finding odd is that inside my flat I can see a VM wi-fi with relatively strong signal, which leads me to think that one of my neighbours have VM - and possibly one in the same floor or floor below me, as otherwise I wouldn't get signal.

Is it worth doing anything else for the technicians to double-check? Or am I just wasting my time with something that's actually not possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sakigami.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear about the failed installation.

With certain properties we only have a set height that we can install to.

If its above a specific height then it will be a health and safety issue and the property would be classed a none serviceable.

We also have to take into account the surface of the property.

With you living in a block of flats and being at the top, is the surface the same or is there any cladding on.

If you like. I can take a look at the notes on the account for you to see what the installation team mentioned.

Gareth_L

Dropped you a dm with my account number! Thanks