cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to virgin broadband

Karen248
Joining in

My modem / hub arrived today. Started setting it up & the next step was to "plug it into the box on the wall" 🤔 what box on the wall??? I rang customer services & she made me an appointment for an engineer to fit the box. Am I missing something? Why wasn't this organised when I ordered broadband? Has she misunderstood me on the phone? I'm sooo confused 😵💫

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

QuickStart kits are sent out if the property had VM before. It may just be a cable without a wall box. If none of this exists then a manned install is needed. The previous tenants may have removed them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

QuickStart kits are sent out if the property had VM before. It may just be a cable without a wall box. If none of this exists then a manned install is needed. The previous tenants may have removed them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've lived here over 10yrs & was here when the roads were dug up to put virgin in. There's never been a box on the wall for virgin. I thought they would've known this when I ordered it but thanks for your info. At least I know now that customer services knew what I was talking about & I haven't misunderstood anything. You've been a big help 👍🏼

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If there's never been a box on the wall, is there a Virginmedia cable from the road? If not, that will need to be installed first. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes the cable was laid a few years ago

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If the cable to the house is already installed then it should be a simple job for the technician to finish. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

gilbo2
On our wavelength

@Karen248 wrote:

Yes the cable was laid a few years ago

Can you see where the cable goes into the house and trace it from there?

Engineer came Saturday & sorted it out. Up & running now. Thankyou everyone for your support 👍🏼