cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build home connection woes

Microwave
Joining in

My wife and I recently moved to a one-off new build home in a built up area of Surrey, and we are trying to figure out how to get connected up to Virgin broadband. Our neighbours on either side have access to gigabit speeds with Virgin, so we just need to find out how to start the process of getting our own home connected up. I’ve tried calling a couple of times, and the agents I’ve managed to speak to, whilst quite nice, have been able to offer absolutely no help on how to begin this process.

Can anyone offer advice on where to start? We are at an absolute loss at this point and would appreciate any help.

11 REPLIES 11

Cardiffman282
Super solver

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/network-expansion

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Microwave
Joining in

Thank you so much for that, Cardiffman282. Since my house was a one-off, built between two existing homes that already have access to Virgin Media broadband, is this still the correct route to take?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Place an order online 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-buy-virgin-media

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1, it's a new build, so Virgin don't have my address listed as covered, and there's no cable connection in the house, hence why I need to figure out how to get them to connect up the house. Everyone else on the street has it, so I assume there's some department or team I need to work with to have the connection to the house made. Of course once they show service is available, actually buying service is the easy part. 🙂

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Understood! 

In cases like this, a forum staff member usually comes along to take details by private message and contact the relevant department. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you for the advice! Any idea how to get the attention of a Virgin staff member here?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can only wait I'm afraid. It will be picked up eventually. 

- jpeg1

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Do you know what was there before your house? If the builder hasn't engaged with Virgin/Openreach/another provider then it could be quite tricky to remedy

Hi Microwave, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that your address is not currently on our network. As there are 2 houses either side, this would suggest the services are already in the area. Due to this, the Sales Team would need to send a spotter to see if it's possible for them to extend the network to include your property. You can arrange this by speaking to them on 0800 183 1234.

Once a spotter visit has been arranged, they will discuss with you the process of ordering services and what route the cabling will need to be done so you can then make an informed choice on whether you wish to proceed. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs