cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WiFi installation

Ellinga94
Joining in

IMG_2258.jpeg

I’ve just received my virgin internet hub. I have sky Q but the sky internet was so bad I’ve just changed my broadband supplier. I’ve received the hub but there is no where to plug it in? I’ve gone to the old van set up as I had it years ago but the 2 black cables coming out of it are now being used in the main sky Q box and the internet connector is totally different so no idea where to plug in 

IMG_2257.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will only have been sent a QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM. The box and cables may have been removed by the previous occupiers. There should be an omnibox, often brown or gray, on the outside of the premises, try tracing the cable/s from it. If no luck call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I had vm previously they are the boxes I used. I found a connection upstairs where the other vm tv box was and the new hub fits. However after setting up and connecting to WiFi there is no internet coming through the hub. VM have now booked an engineer for Monday. Thanks 

Hi there @Ellinga94 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced an issue with your service and installation, and a big thank you to Tudor for their help and advise so far. 

I am so glad to hear that you have an engineer booked in, please do let us know how the visit goes?

The engineer was brilliant, very helpful and friendly, a credit to your company. Unfortunately the cable outside on the highway has been cut but he has booked it all in for someone to come and rectify. Expected time to complete before the end of week which is brilliant and he even offered to pop round after it’s completed to check if I have any issues. Amazing service Thank you 

Hi Ellings94, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. We're really happy to hear the engineer provided a great service for you and was able to locate the fault and offer a resolution. 

Hopefully you won't be offline for much longer but do let us know how things go. 

We're also here if you have any further issues or queries. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs