cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fiber Install - No Service and Hub has no white light

JoshAckermann9
Joining in

Hi

My Virgin broadband install date was on Monday 19th 2024. The engineer came out and fitted the service, however when the engineer turned the router on, the white light would turn on for 30 seconds, then turn off again and not come back on. He also tried swapping the router out for new ones but this didnt help. The engineer couldn’t figure out what the issue was (after making several calls to colleagues who also didn’t have the answer). The engineer advised it was an I.T software issue and that he would raise a ticket. I explained that my previous internet package with BT would be ending on Tuesday and as I work from home, I need the internet to be working. BT advised they could not extend my broadband with them.

Tuesday 20th 2024 – still no internet, having to tether from my mobile to work from home. I called Virgin customer service and explained the situation to 2 different people, both times I was cut off whilst on hold. Finally, when I got through to someone, I was told to wait for my internet to work. I did request a dongle on this call, so that I can have internet access whilst they resolve the issue and was promptly cut off.  I also rang the engineer that had come out on Monday, and he advised the problem sits with the ‘back office’ team and that he had raised a ticket, and advised his manager of the issue, and it was a case of just waiting for them to resolve it – no indication of how long this could take. I was at a loss at the end of the day and I called the door salesman who sold me the package and he told me the engineer should never have left the property without it working. Despite this he couldnt give me a contact of anyone who could help further.

Wednesday 21st 2024 – still no internet and impacting my work due to having to tether from my mobile. I called customer service first thing and finally got through to someone who advised me the original ticket had be raised at 7pm on Monday 19th 2024 and that they had 48 hours to resolve the ticket. He guaranteed my internet would be working by 7pm that evening, due to the ticket resolution deadline. 7pm came and went and still no internet despite this ‘guarantee’. I called the engineer again and he simply told me there was nothing he could do, it sits with back office. To add insult to injury, I received a text from O2 (my new mobile provider as I have switched to Virgin broadband and part of the Volt package) to advise me I had used 80% of my data for the month.

Thursday 22nd 2024 – still no internet and still tethering from my mobile (although not sure how much longer I can do that for given its eating at my data rapidly). I called customer service, first person I spoke to advised to wait another 24 hours. I explained that this was not good enough and was transferred to another member of staff, who then transferred me to another member of staff (I had to explain the situation to all 3 individuals). The third member of staff put me on hold for 40 minutes and the call was cut off.

I am at a loss of what to do. It appears calling customer service doesn’t provide any service as I am still without internet. The engineer says it’s a ‘software’ issue, but I have no idea if that is correct, or they have installed something wrong. Any advice on how I can get this resolved would be greatly appreciated as it certainly isn’t the ‘Welcome to Virgin’ I was expecting. To be left without internet and no time frame on when this will be resolved and it simply not good enough. The lack of accountability from everyone Ive spoke to is appaling and I hope someone can assist me on here.

I appreciate this is a long message but thought it was worth reporting with clarity all of my experiences on here.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK there is a "ring fenced" team that are dealing with the new Hub 5X XGS-PON installs.  It's all still in it's infancy really and even modem mode is missing for the 5X.  Also there is no SLA on residential contracts to boot.

Consider getting a 30 day rolling contract on a 4/5G SIM as a backup for work, e.g. Smarty £20 pm for unlimited data,  until you get sorted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JoshAckermann9,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Hub 5 and connection recently. As @Adduxi has mentioned, you'd need to make contact with a dedicated team who you'll be transferred to when you make contact on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!