cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Superhub 4 is making cracking and popping sounds.

zilongur
Joining in

As it says. My Superhub 4 is making cracking and popping sounds. The best way I can word it is like a moth going crazy on a lamp bulb. I have been here for 6 years (maybe not with same super hub). The sound is not from the power cable, it is inside the cable modem. I think it is about to go up in smoke. Im paying for 1GB and have done for years, so it was wrong anyway. What do I do? I have called them many of times and said Super Hub 4 cannot deliver the package im paying for. Now I think there will be some magic smoke (and a month drop out), who knows. What can I do please?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Call Customer Support and request a replacement fault

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Do please let Trading Standards know of your experience with the Hub 4 https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Zilongur, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with your Hub 4. This is capable of running 1GB speeds so is the correct hub for your speed however due to the issues you're having, as a health and safety precaution, we'll need to arrange a replacement via an engineer. 

I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs