cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a new flat this is the set up

robhal9000
Joining in

Hi

Will this set up be an easy transfer for internet only? The cable at the top of the splitter goes to a second splitter in another room (second photo). Will I be able to connect my modem to either the middle connector in the first photo or either in the second? 

20240501_110119.jpg20240501_110032.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you can try that. The existing connectors are screw fit but the new ones from VM are push fit. You might need to clean off some of the paint splodges to get a good connection.

Try that first and see if it works. You could possibly look at removing the splitters if you don't need them but you would have to see what the resulting signal levels at the hub were without them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you can try that. The existing connectors are screw fit but the new ones from VM are push fit. You might need to clean off some of the paint splodges to get a good connection.

Try that first and see if it works. You could possibly look at removing the splitters if you don't need them but you would have to see what the resulting signal levels at the hub were without them.

robhal9000
Joining in

The splitter I am transfering from is screw fit (15 years since install) so I was going to use the same cable when I move the kit

No reason that shouldn't work but you will still need to clean up the paint (even more so for a screw fit connector). If you run into an issue with the splitters in place, try a connection direct into the Telewest box to eliminate any problem with the splitters.