Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved home and no internet for four days

robinjfisher
Tuning in

Hi everyone!

First post and I'm at my wit's end.

We moved home on 22 November (Wednesday) and took the Hub 3 with us. Plugged it in at the new property, activated and solid white light but no internet connection. Spoke to customer service on that evening who booked an engineer for Friday.

The engineer tested the signal (all OK) and replaced the router. As we live in an area with poor mobile coverage, he couldn't do what he needed to do (?) but did speak to some colleagues and generally looked to move things along.

Anyway, sat here on Saturday evening still with no internet. I spoke to customer service on Friday evening ("matter being passed to engineering team") and this evening ("looks like a problem with the external cables") and have now explained my issue four times to four different people and received four different explanations.

So, I have a new Hub 3 with a solid white light but no internet connection. I exchanged some messages with the engineer who says "HIT errors are raised on the account" and hopefully it will be sorted soon.

I don't know what to do. I don't understand why I am being asked to provide the same information each time I call and why there isn't some sort of chain of accountability for solving my problem.

Ended up cancelling my contract but it will take until 11 December to get any other broadband installed so at the moment I am stuck on a 4G router with 1Mbps download speed for a family of 6.

Any suggestions appreciated including what magic words might get them to solve it.

Robin

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have cancelled the account and wont be charged.  So I dont expect they will do much.  A VM person should respond here soon and may advise differently

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks - I wondered as much. Perhaps hoped something might be in progress in the mysterious "engineering" team that means it gets sorted.

If you log into the hub, what does it show for 'Network Access' as per

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/hub-3-0/status-75199-medium.webp

which shows 'Allowed' in the link above

If you have now cancelled, then set your expectations to an even lower level than normal about VM doing anything to fix the issue.

I actually can’t log into the hub. I receive an “update in progress” message and can’t go any further.

Hi @robinjfisher 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of this. From the background check I've done, this is with the faults team who are investigating the activation issue, plus you have a technician visit booked in for the cabling.

Please let us know how the visit goes and you'll be contacted by the relevant team regarding the activation when they have an update/it's fixed.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If it really is an external cable fault then it will likely take weeks to be fixed. Go ahead with the alternative provider. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.