cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M350 to M500

swamp
On our wavelength

My contract recently came to an end a few days ago and I was offered an upgrade from M350 to M500 to sign up again with the same price. Prior I could easy reach 350 to 360Mbps on all the various test sites on the net. This is a wired Gigabit connection with the Hub3 in modem mode and my own router running dd-wrt I am not seeing any major improvement on this at 1pm in the afternoon which would normally be low load on the network. I can just barely reach 380Mbs. This is the M29 area.

I have checked the hub status and it appears M500 is active, can someone confirm from this I have the upgrade. I have rebooted the hub and my router btw :-

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID4806
Max Traffic Rate575000085
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID4805
Max Traffic Rate55000085
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Perform a Realspeed test with the Hub 3 in Router mode to confirm the VM service working as expected.

Make sure your router has QoS fully disabled, QoS is a well known killer of performance on domestic routers.

Run a speed test on a computer booted in safe mode - so as to exclude performance loss due to installed software.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Perform a Realspeed test with the Hub 3 in Router mode to confirm the VM service working as expected.

Make sure your router has QoS fully disabled, QoS is a well known killer of performance on domestic routers.

Run a speed test on a computer booted in safe mode - so as to exclude performance loss due to installed software.

swamp
On our wavelength

OK, thanks. QoS was turned off in dd-wrt so I switched the Hub3 into router mode and it benchmarks fine now at 500Mbps. So I guess my router is a bottle neck. Shame as I kind of liked dd-wrt for its depth of customisation. Now I am wondering if there are any faster dd-wrt compatible routers. I can live with the Hub3 I guess.