cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet packet loss

philives23
Tuning in

Hi,

I get frequent packet loss on my home broadband. Past 24hrs is particularly bad (see BQM).

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/643a4343dc3eb9af5eb3e9bb930e31cf0a568721-21-03-2024

Previous days would have perhaps 1-2 very short 'outages' but still cause interruption to every device in the house. 

Some background info:

• I've reset / restarted numerous times
  • Connected devices are a mixture of WiFi and Ethernet - both affected when outage occurs
  • Wi-Fi connection are 2.4 and 5

I've had this problem since installation in January. 

BQM past 24hrs 

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Share the packet loss results from the test link below :

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to show stats for Packet Loss / Jitter / Latency / Upstream.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the packet loss is visible in the BQM.  Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub for comment.  In the meantime, check all the connections are at least "finger" tight, as loose connections can cause noise ingress on the circuit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

 Sam knows test attached but the problem is intermittent. I guess I'll have to just catch it when it occurs.

IMG_0228.jpeg

I'm just trying to work out if this is 'normal' (ie daily short outages) 

IMG_0230.png

IMG_0231.png

IMG_0232.jpeg

Where do I get the pre and postRS errors from?

IMG_0233.jpeg

Latest BQM which covers the timings for the logs. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the Downstream tab below the initial power levels. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martyn
Up to speed

You need to post images without IP's or they get automatically rejected.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Hi @philives23 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Would it be possible to re-post your latest Broadband Quality Monitor and follow the advice provided by @Martyn?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel