cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet crashing multiple times a day.

Stephen090704
Tuning in

Hello, a few months ago we upgraded our wifi to Virgin Media's 1.1gbps internet, everything was running smoothly until recently where we've noticed that the internet keeps crashing/dropping connection. Whilst this has only occurred a couple of times for me on my ethernet, mobile devices seem to be having a lot of trouble, I also noticed some errors in the network logs aswell as some potentially abnormal readings on the upstream/downstream channels, if there are any tech experts out there I'd appreciate some advice on what this issue might be.

Stephen090704_0-1716728732283.png

int2.pngint5.pngint3.png

int4.pngint6.png

    

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen090704
Tuning in

Cable modem status (forgot to include this above)

cable.png

carl_pearce
Community elder

Do you have fibre to the outside of your home, then coax on the inside?

So your outside connection looks like:

Stephen090704
Tuning in

Of course! that's how most people get their 5G these days.

@Stephen090704 wrote:

Of course! that's how most people get their 5G these days.

Not sure what you mean?

VM have three types of connection.

Depending on the type depends on if the power levels are acceptable on the upstream channels.

Ah right, my box outside looks exactly like this one. Not sure if that helps I'm not too familiar with it.

In the past the status website did mention of an intermittent signal issue and we had engineers in the past come to fix the WiFi frequency due to noise levels. 

Hello Stephen090704

Sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We have checked the connection and equipment and there does seem to be some issues with the power levels, this will need a visit so I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

Stephen090704
Tuning in

Hello, I've sent you a private message replying to what you asked me, I appreciate you guys looking into this quickly hopefully this will be resolved soon as this is the 3rd time we've had to have engineers come out.

Hello Stephen090704

We can see you're in a Private Message with us, we will respond to the message as quickly as possible. To ensure all of the details and information remain in one place we will arrange for this thread o be closed.