cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Roppa2002
Joining in

Hi,

Both myself and installation engineer unhappy with positioning of external connection. Engineer stated I would receive a call to arrange external unit repositioned. No call and no success trying to speak to anyone. Does anyone have a contact number or email address for a human that can discuss?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did the VM tech actually provide you with a working connection (to the box that is in the wrong place)? If s/he did, you may struggle to get any interest from VM if the connection is up and running.

Much of the cabling work is sub-contracted and reliable communication between VM and the contractors is poor/non-existent, as described in hundreds of past topics on here.

The number for the pre-installation and delivery team is 0800 052 1734 but you may not get any useful interaction with them, for the reasons above.

Working yes......poor quality set up yes. Doesn't sound very promising to get this resolved but I guess they can just come and take the whole lot away and I will go with another provider.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You have just 14 days to reject the installation and cancel the contract. As noted above, nothing will happen if the connection is working. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah I am aware of consumer rights and I am within the 14 day period. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Beware of promises from VM to "look into it" or similar, which are designed to drag you over the 14 days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 14 day clock starts from when your service was activated and you could use it. Topics on here routinely see VM dragging its feet to resolve issues in the hope the 14 day period will run out and the customer will be locked in to an 18 month minimum term, so keep a close eye on the calendar while dealing with VM.

What is the nature of the wall box/installation issue? VM does sometimes respond to a poor quality installation to remedy.

If you want to post up some pic's on here you may open up another line of enquiry on here via the VM forum team but comm's with them is not real-time (which is not in your interests against the 14 day restriction).

External box is around 15m away from entry point and cable is left hanging above front door. Even engineer said it is no good!

Hi Roppa2002,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the installation. In terms of the distance, the engineer would have checked the levels to ensure these were correct so that won't really make much of a difference in terms of the connection. As for the cable hanging, this would be a health and safety concern. Lets see what we can do to get someone round to make this safe. 

I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs