cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation to neighbour

TD6412
Tuning in

My house is the one on the left.  Why is my cable feeding into next door? Their box is clearly not connected to anything.

IMG-20240129-WA0002.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a current VM customer?  Do you know whether your neighbour is one ? 

Are you "new" to the property?  Is there an interior VM connection socket on the internal side of the omnibox?

As Carl as said - it could be a "temporary (!)" piggy back job.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

carl_pearce
Community elder

Maybe there are no spare connections in the cabinet.

Maybe the line run for them isn't fully connected yet.

Has is it affected your connection?

Usually a temporary measure, however, temporary could be several months!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a current VM customer?  Do you know whether your neighbour is one ? 

Are you "new" to the property?  Is there an interior VM connection socket on the internal side of the omnibox?

As Carl as said - it could be a "temporary (!)" piggy back job.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

From what I can tell next door is connected to your splitter by the brown cable so it looks like the idea is to move next door to their own feed thats currently not connected.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, I've been with VM forever. Next door are also with VM. There is internal VM connection to both properties. Their cable was installed about 6 months ago...3 months before they moved in.  No connectivity issues.  Neighbour and I just curious as to what it's all about.  Thanks for the feedback guys.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Sometimes there is a delay in getting a cable pulled to the neighbour so a temporary splitting of your cable is done. So long as the signal strength is good enough there should be no problem. Bear in mind that no residential user of broadband has a dedicated cable regardless of technology and everything is shared.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks 

Hello TD6412.

Thanks for your post and welcome as well to our community.

From the above posts it looks like everything has been explained to you already.

I did run a check on the signal coming into your property and everything is perfect.

So I would suggest to leave it as it is for now.

What I would like to do though is arrange for a service technician to attend and fit a cover on the brown box.

It will save any water getting and you know very well what our weather is like.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you very much for your time today TD6412.

Since discovering the neighbours cable it lay above the ground and we have arranged a site visit to bury this.

Can you please keep us posted how the visit goes.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth...Will let you know.