cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issue - Virgin coax cables don't fit the hub

AnnKatFig
Tuning in

I have recently bought a property and moved my Virgin contract. Today I have tried to install it but found out the coax cable doesn't fit what I have.
I have attached pictures of what I have.External boxExternal box

This is the external box.

What I believe to be where the virgin cables should goWhat I believe to be where the virgin cables should go

I believe the cable should go on this one but unsure, confused by the cables shown in the next picture.

Everything that is on that wallEverything that is on that wall

Not sure if should connect with the network cable...but I suspect not as in the previous house I had connected to the coax cable. Also, I believe the coax cable sticking out might be the tv one?

Looking for some guidance on how to proceed as I need to have internet asap to be able to work.
Thank you so much for your time.

Regards,
Ana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may also be the other cable with the "fitting" on the end.  The other cable looks to be cut?  If that is the VM cable, you would need a coupler to fit the quickstart end. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

This coupler screws into the cable fitting, and the quickstart pushs onto the coupler.

However, it may be best to ring the Preinstalls Team and explain you now need a manned install.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new quick start kits are a push fit.  Just try it and see.  If it works, it works.  There is no danger of damage. If it doesn't work, try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you so much Adduxi.

I have tried to fit it in but the metal end is wider than the hole, so couldn't even push it in 😞
I was wondering if that is the hub for Virgin, but I guess there is nothing else that could be...

Thank you again!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may also be the other cable with the "fitting" on the end.  The other cable looks to be cut?  If that is the VM cable, you would need a coupler to fit the quickstart end. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

This coupler screws into the cable fitting, and the quickstart pushs onto the coupler.

However, it may be best to ring the Preinstalls Team and explain you now need a manned install.

Thanks again Adduxi!

Yes, one of the cables look to be cut...not sure what that one is for. The one with the fitting at the end I thought could be the TV one.

I will follow your suggestion and call the Preinstalls Team.

Thank you very much for your help.