cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Date continuously pushed back

AnilPatelEaling
Tuning in

Hi, can anyone please help. I moved in to new house in Dec, book my Virgin broadband installation, date provided is Jan 6th.

Changed to Feb 3rd - extra essential work needs to be carried out, they're sorry

Changed to Feb 27th - extra essential work needs to be carried out, they're sorry

Changed to Mar 9th - extra essential work needs to be carried out, they're sorry

Changed to Mar 18th - extra essential work needs to be carried out, they're sorry

I confirmed with them today work will happen before 27th and installation will take place, do the essential work, it’s been over 3 months already since I booked the installation. 
Issue I believe is to do the prep work outside they would have to block the pavement, so would need council approval. Has this even been applied for? How long will the work actually take? How long before it actually matters to virgin?

I can use a dongle for work, but no aerial so no TV or entertainment, this sucks.

What can I do other than to wait?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @AnilPatelEaling,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issues faced with this, can you confirm with this you have spoken to the Pre-Installation team on 0800 052 1734? They would be the ones able to make changes to the installation date and confirm all work needed has been completed.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is not unusual, just another case of their disorganised installation process. 

Permission for pavement work is quick and easy in most cases. You can check with your Council if it's been requested. 

Make sure that you keep a log of all their installation promises, as you will be entitled to compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AnilPatelEaling.

Thank you for your first post on our community.

I am very sorry to hear about the delays with your installation.

As @jpeg1 has advised any permits required from local authorities are needed before we can dig a public footpath.

It can also depend on the borough.

So I can take a look into this for you and see what's happening.

I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

We are having exactly the same issues 😞

Hello OxfordCustomer

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation, we can understand the frustration this can cause.

Have you been able to speak to the team using any of the methods here for n update or a reason for the delays? Is this due to external work being required or permissions from your local authority? As you can appreciate when dealing with a third party we are limited to the control over when this is granted or completed but will continue to chase.

Rob

AnilPatelEaling
Tuning in

An update:

- after posting the above, virgin support message on here to try to help. I was providing details of account at old address so I didn’t pass security.

Thurs 29th Feb: got a phone call from virgin, confirming my installation date, saying the work that needs to be done outside is being done that day. I get home, nothing looks like it has been done.

Friday 8th March: phone call from Virgin, they again confirm my installation date and assure me the work outside will be done this week

Wed 13th March: I get a text saying my installation has been moved back to April 13

it was meant to be installed on Jan 6th. I don’t want to swear here but this is beyond frustrating.

Actual people from Virgin I speak to assure me the installation will happen when they say it will, I get automated response soon after saying they won’t. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, this is the usual procedure. The people you speak to don't know when the outside work will be done, and don't seem to care. They tell you it will be done the next day, just to end the call. One day, they may even be right, but it just be coincidence. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

AnilPatelEaling
Tuning in

Update on 12th April: 

Installation date was pushed back to April 13th.

Virgin rep and I have been having a messaging conversation here, quite cool as I got actual updates and it felt like a real conversation with someone trying to help.

There was a site visit that confirmed work outside needed to be done (this was known in Dec, but at least it’s been confirmed). Works will be done in 6-8 weeks, if economically viable. Advised I have to patient, I can do that.
5th April: telephone call from Virgin confirming my installation date as 13th April. Work outside  don’t believe has been completed. They insisted they’d read my notes, council approval had been given and work scheduled in time for installation.

Today is 12th….officially it seems I’m having my broadband installed tomorrow, alas my hopes have been raised.

AnilPatelEaling
Tuning in

Scratch the above, had an email already saying it’s changed to 2nd May

Hopes had already been dashed, I knew it, forgot it, believed it, reminded that I’m in this loop. Crazy thing is I’m waiting, and Virgin havent done any work to progress this.