cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 constant red light

msmsms13
Tuning in

Hi - My Hub has had a constant red light for weeks & now no internet connection.

Tried all the usual steps of re-setting, checking connection cables, ensuring hub not over heating but still no internet access. Any advice welcome.

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.    

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @msmsms13, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having 😔

In the first instance, can you please follow the below steps in the following order:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight

• Use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the above steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, it'll need replacing.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel - I have tried the steps suggested in your post but I am still having issues. Sometimes broadband does not work at all & other times it is very very slow & pages time out before loading. Any suggestions?

msmsms13
Tuning in

The red light remains on the router, constantly. This is the first time I have been able to respond due to the issues experienced.

Thank you for that information msmsms13.

I will private message you now so we can look into this. 

^Martin

msmsms13
Tuning in

Hi Martin - problems are getting worse as I have been unable to log into my Virgin media account & not able to log into email even when I am at another location, using a different broadband connection. Is Virgin media online accounts & email servers down? I have been unable to login at any location. 

Hi @msmsms13,

I can see you are in PM already with Martin in relation to this matter. 

Please do continue liaising with him there for further support. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs