Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken omnibox

Saanables
Joining in

IMG_20240124_135331.jpg

IMG_20240124_135342.jpg

Hello all.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to neaten this up? We have been in contact with Virgin who did the original install in September last year. The first team from Avonline made a real pigs ear of it (smashed a hole in our doorstep) and although they repaired the doorstep, they haven't replaced the grey omnibox they smashed away at to complete the install. Virgin have sent an engineer out 4-5 times but each time they get here, the engineer says "we don't carry that part" or "our department doesn't deal with that but we will get someone will call you". They then take a couple of photos and we don't hear back from them unless we call them. We seem to be going around in circles but hope some of you guys may have had a similar problem and/or can suggest a straightforward solution. In case my photos can't be seen or they're pixelated, it's basically a broken omnibox we would like replaced and neatened up.

Thanks in advance 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does not look to me that the grey box is a VM one, either Openreach or another provider. If that’s the case then VM are not allowed to repair it, it must be done by the originator although they charge VM for replacing. No provider is allowed to replace another’s equipment.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Saanables

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to agree with Tudor on this one - it doesn't look like that grey box is one of ours. What's on the otherwise of the wall to the box inside the home?

But yes if the box isn't ours, the associated provider would be the one to repair the box and if the damage has been caused by us, we would be billed for it. 

Beth

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box has the old BT logo on it, so it is Openreach property & nothing to do with Virgin. Virgin owns the brown box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Beth. Thank you for your reply. What is the process going forward? Do we need to contact Openreach for this box or would Virgin need to liaise with them? Many thanks 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Saanables wrote:

Hi Beth. Thank you for your reply. What is the process going forward? Do we need to contact Openreach for this box or would Virgin need to liaise with them? Many thanks 

Report it to Openreach & they should deal with it:

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks