cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months for install

rtho782
On our wavelength

I booked install on 10th March for 27th March. This was for a property I had exchanged contracts on, and was due to complete on the 26th March.

Virgin then told me they were going to complete work on the property prior to this, e.g. dig up the driveway. As it wasn't mine, I had to tell them to stop this.

The phone representatives didn't understand, just repeated that they "had the councils permission" so it didn't matter that they wanted to dig up the drive.

I raised complaints and they suspended the install.

I moved on 27th as planned, but now the install is booked for 6th June, almost 3 months after order, and no amount of complaining or talking to CS will move it. I'm repeatedly told that the first stage is happening "today" but nothing happens. Complaints I raise get closed without response. I guess I will at least be able to proceed to ADR more than once in a month or so.

I'm at a loss to be honest, they won't even cancel the install.

Is there anyone I can contact, anything I can do?

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, that's a fair summary of the position. If there is another supplier that can provide what you need, sign up with them. If there isn't, see if you can make do with 4g/5g until VM finally get the installation done. 

Either way, you have had some experience of how life with VM is likely to be. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rtho782,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issues faced with this, can you confirm with this you have spoken to the Pre-Installation team on 0800 052 1734? They would be the ones able to make changes to the installation date and confirm all work needed has been completed.

Joe