cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connected, but no internet

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

Will

142 REPLIES 142

According to the stats you have made a total of two posts and they are both on this thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Ok, thanks for the advice - I've now done just that.

I have spent hours trying to get my WiFiuup and running. It suddenly dropped out yesterday. Like your previous messenger I have connection but no WiFi. As a 70 plus Yr old this is not the time for my WiFi to fail without any apparent cause or explanation.

Dealing with the online help is very frustrating leaving me feeling like a hamster on a wheel. 

I have a Sony Smart TV that continues to tell me that my wi-fi is connected but I have no internet access. Can you help. I phoned 150 but understandably waiting times are over 1hr.

Amyrobinson2596
Joining in

Hi

I'm having a similar issue, I've set the router up but I can only get the light on the front to flash green? When I ordered the package you said over the phone that virgin had been installed at the property previously 

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can posters start there own threads - it just gets confusing when 3 new posters tag on to an old dormant thread

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there, we have the exact same issue, strong WiFi but no internet connection. 

Ive done all the recommended fixes, but no joy. 

What’s the solution?

Regards

Graham

Hi There,

I have almost the same problem here, I try to contact Virgin but now one is answering. Did you find a way to contact them or to make your internet working again? 

I would like to book an appointment with an engineer as soon as possible. 

Thanks a lot for your help and Support. 

I'm having the same problem desperate now 😞

I've started seperate thread reporting same issue... Connected no Internet.  

Hello, I have been facing this problem since yesterday. First it was saying connected, no internet. Now wireless sign is green static on the hub 3 and long dash line is keep flashing.  I have checked properly all the cables and reconnect the wire on hub.3, checked on the wall plug, all looks fine, it seems that there is problem outside my house as inside all looks good.

I checked the router status and its says.

Wireless  on 2.4 and 5 ghz . Green 

Internet (access denied)

Telephony (Disabled )

Also checked downstream and upstream.  Both have no information. 

Please help me as I am working from home and desperately need help to sort out the connection problem.