cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permanant red light on hub 3

Gavint1701
Joining in

Hi, My hub 3 has been permantly on red for a while now. i have tried all the usual things and every time i get internet back the hub just stays red. i have been having intermittant signal issues from time to time where devices just drop out, or buffer for random periods (when streaming), and loose connection for no reason and the app just says reboot hub. i assumed this was a bandwidth issue with other homes around me ( even though i am on over 300mb download speed. But mabe its the hub. so i have tried the following:

Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on.

also resetting the hub via the app and needle button on the hub.

always stays red. I have seen on this community that the only answer is a replacement hub.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Gavin

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gavin

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums 😊

Sorry to hear you have a red light on your Hub; we appreciate all the preliminary checks you've carried out beforehand!

We'll arrange for an engineer to visit and take a look. They can replace the Hub for there and then if needed.

I've dropped you a PM so we can get started!

Beth

SaltyBalls
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’ve had the same issue for a couple of weeks now and have decided to get sorted. How long did it take to get resolved?

Thanks ☺️

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SaltyBalls please raise a separate post and do not coattail on existing ones.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2