cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network adapter needs resetting constantly

gravy1
Fibre optic

Just lately my internet keeps disconnecting, I reconnect by resetting the network adapter, after updating every driver, resetting windows, repairing windows and checkiing cables and pc components, I tested the router and it came back with ethernet problems, so I unplugged all ethernet cables from the superhub 5 except my pc and ran the test, all was perfect, then I plugged the TV into the ethernet and ran the test, all fine, as soon as I add my eufy cctv hub ethernet or my laptop ethernet the test fails again. Is it the superhub? does it need replacing?

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 can have DHCP issues, especially if it is on old firmware following a recent factory reset.

Make sure that every device that you have connected has :
1) a unique IP in the 192.168.0.xxx range
2) a Gateway of 192.168.0.1

gravy1
Fibre optic

all devices have different IP's. when accessing the router via my browser the network status has a few "GUI Login Status - Login Fail from LAN interface"  Notices and the network diagnostic tool always gets a red triangle warning on the ethernet connection. I'm buying a new ethernet cable today to test that. A pc engineer said he thinks it may be drivers but I've just done a clean install of windows and the problem persists... it might go an hour before it disconnect the internet or 20 times in an hour.... I will try other things before buying a new router. 

Hi @gravy1 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your service concerns at this time. 

We've checked the systems at our side just to ensure there's nothing going on and cannot see any issues within the area or with your hub specifications. 

Is the service only affected when you plug in the CCTV hub or laptop is connected?

Keep us posted with how you get on with your new ethernet and further test you've done. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley