cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging in to router after a factory reset.

KeithHF
Tuning in

I had a problem logging in to router. Did a factory reset. The password on the router is rejected. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The passwords should be on the bottom of the Hub.  Note there are two, one for the admin settings and one for the WiFi. If none of these work there is no way of fixing it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The passwords should be on the bottom of the Hub.  Note there are two, one for the admin settings and one for the WiFi. If none of these work there is no way of fixing it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you. I'd always, up to now, used the password that's on the slip out piece of plastic (which was/is the wi-fi password). Tried the other password on the bottom that I'd never noticed before - and it worked... Came up with "change your password" which I did and must, now sort out the settings (again! - did it a long time ago when I originally got the hub).

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad you got it sorted in the end.   🙂