cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Wifi Internet problems with Hub 3

Jobie
Tuning in

I have having daily intermittent problems with my two Apple iPhones with Wifi internet and my Virgin Media Hub 3, which is rendering my home Wifi to be pretty much useless.   

The devices appear to connect to my Wifi but internet doesn’t work.  Sometimes on the iPhone WiFi settings it will say “No Internet Connection”, but not always.  However there will be no internet connection on the iPhones regardless.  

I have a wired PC, two laptops and an Android device on WiFi, and also a smart TV on the WiFi and these ALL work perfectly – the problem only appears to be with the iPhones.  (I have an old iPad Air 2 and this works fine also).

My two devices are an iPhone 11 and an iPhone SE.  Both will connect to the internet on WiFi networks outside the house (eg. My workplace) and work without any problems whatsoever.

If I do a “forget this network” and rejoin, sometimes the device will reconnect, but to be honest it is driving us crazy as my home WiFi is effectively useless and is constantly eating up mobile data. 

Doing a power off/on will sometimes resolve the problem but it is guaranteed the problem will occur again within a few hours, if not sooner.

I have tried – pin Resets, splitting the wifi Bandwidths to separate SSIDs. Static IPs, all to no avail.  I have had a Virgin engineer visit and of course his basic diagnostics found no problems.

I am at the end of my tether with this.  Is anybody able to advise?  Thanks in advance.

75 REPLIES 75

halltony
On our wavelength

We do see iPad drop outs too. No I haven’t tried a pin hole reset as it would take a long while to get everything back to the current configuration. 

Thanks for coming back to us @halltony, if you can attempt a pin hole reset on the hub, so see if this would help resolve the Wi-Fi issue, that would be most appreciated.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

halltony
On our wavelength

There seems to be a virtually never ending list of things that need to be tried. All of these take time. I have already reconfigured and renamed my wifi networks and then updated all of my devices to use the new configuration. A pin hole reset would require me to redo al of the router config changes. All on the relatively slim chance that this might make the problem go away for a while.

Frankly this feels like clutching at straws. 

Rebooting your hub can clear any temporary issues that have occurred on your hub due to it running for a long period of time. Please try rebooting your hub and let us know if the issue persists. 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JonnyJ
Joining in

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? It’s an issue with every iPhone and Virgin. We’ve got 3 in this house and all have intermittent connectivity. No issues with other non-iPhone devices. very annoying. The iPhones also connect with no issues to other Wi-Fi. It is just Virgin that is the problem 

Hi JonnyJ,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing connection issues with all Apple devices on your Router however no other devices have issues and the devices work on other WiFi connections.

Which devices are they, what Router do you have and what iOS is running on the devices?

Regards

Paul.

It was Hub 3 that was the issue . Have upgraded to Hub 5 and so far no problems . Should really stop selling customers hub 3… 

Yes… I’m having exactly the same problems… has been going on for a while now, 4 iPhones unusable over Virgin Wi-Fi .

engineer came out and replaced our super hub 3 with another super hub 3 / strangely did it fix the issue. No problems with any of the phones on other Wi-Fi networks. They are all up to date and have been reset countless times.

How did you upgrade to the super hub 5 and has this still solved the problem?

I paid more to get 1gb fibre. This package comes with the hub 5. I had 250mb before.