cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website not loading properly, can’t turn Child Safe off

Sweede
Joining in

Hi,

I’ve recently got Virgin WiFi installed and everything’s working fine. I just can’t access any settings on the app/ website. 
I can’t get into NordVpn and after some research it’s because of the Child Safe setting. I received an email saying that it’s on but I can’t turn it off. 
What can I do to fix this? Or is there someone at VirginMedia that can turn it off for me?

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Alessandro Volta

VM will need to disable Child Safe for you as a support action,

For the moment, change the DNS to a Public DNS e.g. Google DNS 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 to regain full access to the internet including to VPNs.  Child Safe can also affect Sky Q and similar streaming devices and again Google DNS is a good workaround.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sweede, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Child Safe settings. You should be able to manage this setting within My VM. You'll need to log in here > Account Settings > Online Security. If you're having difficulties accessing this page, please let us know what errors you face and provide a screenshot if possible. From there, we can then help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs