cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app won’t find Hub 4

GeoC1979
Joining in

Hello,

my VM connect app can no longer find my Hub 4. 
It was working fine but now has given up!

I am connected to my wifi network and have tried switching off my hub and also reset my hub. 
Any other suggestions please

18 REPLIES 18

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remove the app, clear out the data cache and reinstall.  Might help?  

However anything you need to do can be done via the admin console on the Hub via a browser 192.168.0.1

Admin password is on the bottom of the Hub and is different to the Wifi password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

burnslor
Tuning in

I'm having the same issue.  Wifi was dropping out every couple of minutes, thought I'd try and see what was going on but the VM Connect app says my router isn't installed (currently have a TV, laptop, 3 phones, an xbox and a playstation working with wifi with no problems)!  I've reset the router, cleared cache, cookies and internet history on my phone, tablet and laptop.  When I try to log into 192.168.0.1 all I'm getting is a white screen which keeps telling me the site is unresponsive.  This has been going on for 3 days now.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app from my phone and tablet several times, nothing works!

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GeoC1979 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these difficulties with the connect app. 
Were you able to try the advice from other community members regarding clearing your cache and trying a delete and re-install of the app?

They are also correct in that you can manage most issues via your Hub settings if needed. (You can find more information about this here 👉 How to set up Virgin Media broadband | Virgin Media Help in the 'how to configure advanced settings in your hub' section. 
Let us know if there is anything else specific you are trying to use the connect app for that you need our support with so we can offer help!

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🌞 All the best. 

Molly

Client62
Legend

"When I try to log into 192.168.0.1 all I'm getting is a white screen"  - a 60 second Reset of the Hub 4 is needed to restore the Admin menu.  

Signs of a failing Hub 4 appear to include :
1) Hub 4 menu fails to operate - a 60 second Factory Reset may fix for a while
2) VM Connect app suddenly stops working ( 1 may be the reason / fix  )
3) VM Connect app is stuck in Optimize Wi-Fi loop ( again 1 may be the reason / fix )

mrawlings99
Tuning in

I'm also having the same issue, the VM Connect App was working fine albeit the App itself is very poor but at least allowed me to view what devices were connected to the two WiFi pods I have.

Suddenly the App has stopped working and simply will not find the Hub 4 despite being 6 feet away from it and connected to the same WiFi. Have done all the usual tricks, clear cache, clear data, delete / reinstall App but it still won't connect. I'm not prepared to factory reset the hub.

Like others my Hub will not respond to admin login unless it's rebooted and then will only show a maximum of 14 devices connected to WiFi (I have 30+) and changing the name is a right pain (having to switch menus). My service is 1gb but I get nowhere near this (500mb max) with WiFi even worse.

Is my hub 4 on the way out as surely this isn't expected behaviour? I reboot it every morning to get anywhere near the speed I need to WFH effectively.

Have asked Virgin on many occasions for the new Hub 5 but get fobbed off with the line it's still trialling or for new customers only and can we send you another free WiFi Pod.

Would appreciate anyone from Virgin Community to provide some answers and helping me receive the service that I pay for.

I am also having the same issue. Tried the 10 sec reset. Tried 60 sec reset. Neither worked. All I want to do is to change the setting of the hub 4 to modem only as I recently bought another router. Is there any way of programming a second hand hub 4 from ebay to work with my account

Or can VM provide me with hub 5

Hey @aadoc Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect app you are experiencing. 😞
Are you able to try the following for me please:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey @mrawlings99  Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums, 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect app you are experiencing. 😞
Are you able to try the following for me please:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still not working, tried your suggestions and then uninstalled the app, updated permissions etc and now it still can't find the hub but loops round on the install your hub again part. The phone is connected to the same WiFi and for once the hub is responding to admin access but the app still can't find the hub. I'm also paying for 1gb and a wired connection speed test is showing as 441.80 download, 105.19 upload with WiFi (6 feet away from hub) showing at 426 download, 105 upload. Does the hub 4 need restarting for the 3rd time today?