cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app forcing to optimise networks

azharpatel86
Tuning in

VM connect app forcing me to optimise network. But I want to keep my 2G and 5G networks separately which makes it easier for me to identify connections. 
Also, on VM connect app my wifi pod connection status is always fair regardless of where I place them. Even if I place them next to the HUB 3 it does not make any difference. 
I have got replacement Wifi pod but the issue remains the same. 
Technical support help couldn’t do much apart from sending new wifi pod. 
Anybody with similar issue and/or solution please? 
Thanks

azharpatel86_0-1690281918237.png

24 REPLIES 24

@Joseph_B

After following all the suggestions and advised by the app. Here is the latest issue. 

azharpatel86_0-1690322625983.png

Sorry previous image wasn’t approved due to exposure of MAC address. 

IMG_3822.jpeg

Jmacs
Joining in

I'm detesting this.... I now can't manage my network through the connect app so will have to switch to another service. Home-pods or not it's not what everyone needs. My advice would be to get the developers to make it a suggestion instead. All this update has done is make my experience with the company worse. Everything that is good will eventually be destroyed seems to be the mantra 

Client62
Legend

Ditch the close to useless VM Connect app and the restrictive VM Pods.

Invest is a Wi-Fi Router / Mesh and move to a solution that you own and can fully control.

Hi @Jmacs,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the latest Connect app update. We will take your feedback onboard to the relevant teams for a resolution. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Vonrichter
Joining in

personally for me, my experience with the virgin media app and virgin media in general is utter **bleep** and if it asks me again to optimise my network the pods and hub 5 are all going in the bin and ill be cancelling my contract.

Itsthebigbang
Joining in

I'm having the same issue it so f**k**g annoying and I see VM is no help they used to be good but now I'm seriously considering changing to another provider 

Client62
Legend

There are many forum posts similar to this thread, still folks are having such difficulty grasping both the VM Connect app and the VM Pods are designed for a dual band Wi-Fi network with shared SSID / Password.

If you intend to use a dual band Wi-Fi network with different SSIDs / Passwords, uninstall the VM Connect app and return the VM Pods replacing them with retail Wi-Fi Repeaters / Router / MESH / Wi-Fi Access points that can support the way you wish to operate.

Excluding pods as I agree with that despite them working if managed correctly, the connect app was and is perfectly capable of managing split band networks and had done for a very long period of time. In fact it was so effective that when VM decided to update the app to force optimise there were still devices paused on WiFi that could not be unpaused (even after optimisation). It was sheer luck that I knew how to resolve this. Also, at no point does the app say it needs to do so because of the app but it states it's for our benefit

Client62
Legend

Failing to list all Paused devices is a known defect of the VM Connect app.