cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect app forcing to optimise networks

azharpatel86
Tuning in

VM connect app forcing me to optimise network. But I want to keep my 2G and 5G networks separately which makes it easier for me to identify connections. 
Also, on VM connect app my wifi pod connection status is always fair regardless of where I place them. Even if I place them next to the HUB 3 it does not make any difference. 
I have got replacement Wifi pod but the issue remains the same. 
Technical support help couldn’t do much apart from sending new wifi pod. 
Anybody with similar issue and/or solution please? 
Thanks

azharpatel86_0-1690281918237.png

22 REPLIES 22

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @azharpatel86,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry you are having this issue, the Connect app will always advise on setting your Hub to our standard settings. With the Pods they will not work correctly with a split network and only works when both bands are together. We would advise running the diagnostic checks on the Pod with the settings optimised and joined. If you would like to do this I would be happy to run some further checks with you.

Joe

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. 
I optimised the network as suggested by app but that didn’t change anything. 
Also, I have always used wifi pod with split networks without any issue until last three weeks. 

Hey @azharpatel86,

Thanks for coming back to me, the Pods will work to some capacity but not as fully intended, they will connect to one of the bands and only provide that one at a further distance, thus only affecting the devices on that band, for you to get the best out of your Pod we would advise having a combined network.

Joe

Thanks for your reply again Joe

like I said, even after optimising network on the app to single SSID, network connection to pod remained Fair (previously Great). I’m not sure if having two channels has anything to do with it. 
Connection to wifi pod doesn’t improve in both situations. 

Thanks 

Thanks for coming back @azharpatel86.

Are you noticing that with this fair connection you are having any speed or connection issues? The connection being fair could be caused by a multitude of factors so is useful to know how your connection/speeds are during this time.

Joe

Thanks again Joe 

I haven’t noticed particular changes in connection sort from App forcing it to single SSID. But there is warning from app itself regarding wifi pod (image attached) which is concerning me. 

azharpatel86_0-1690306872311.jpegazharpatel86_1-1690306891454.png

Hey @azharpatel86,

I understand what this can be like, what we would advise would be best for you to do is follow the advice given by the app, and see the placement tips, this will help you position it in the best place around your house for what you are using.

Joe

I followed all the advice by the app. Optimised network. Put it next to hub to see if it helps but no luck. I tired all the suggestions by the AI (robot).
Popped in here to see if there is any solution by the human’s intelligence and/or experience. 

Hey @azharpatel86,

I would advise if you are not noticing any issue currently with your speeds or connection then you will be all fine, the app tries to recommend what is best for you given the information it has, if your internet is working fine and standard as you would expect then all would be fine.

Joe