VM Connect App on IOS has recorded excessive Hub3 latency

horseman
Alessandro Volta

Hub3: v10 hardware, NMS loaded software v9.1.2208.100

IOS; 16.2 on iPad Pro 4th gen and also 1st gen Pro

VMConnect: v12.32.7

Here’s a screen shot:

IMG_2063.PNG

Please advise what extra detail/process you require when performing further Factory Resets,Power Refreshes , and App re-installs?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
66 REPLIES 66

@Sephiroth

If you prefer it in Latin, then 🙇

Complexitas et simplicitas sunt termini relativi qui dependent ab contextu et proposito rei. Quamquam simplificare res potest ea melius intelligere et administrari, interdum complicatio necessaria est ad nuantias situatonis accurate comprehendendas aut ad necessitates et requisita specifica satianda.

Nulla est universalis responsio utrum complicare an simplificare res melius sit. Omnino hoc dependet ab situ particulari et ab objectivis. In aliquibus casibus, simplificare res potest ad informationem vel particulas importantes amittendas ducere, quamquam in aliis, complicare res potest inanem complexitatem et confusionem addere.

Postremo, clavis est ut inter complexitatem et simplicitatem medium teneatur, quo res situ particulari satisfaciant, dum manent tamen efficaces et expeditae

horseman
Alessandro Volta

Head’s Up guys - @John_GS has a link to this thread…….  So perhaps we need to restrain the Socrates/Plato philosophical discussiion/argument’ till he’s covered the technical stuff? ….or not…. 😜

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote:

Head’s Up guys - @John_GS has a link to this thread…….  So perhaps we need to restrain the Socrates/Plato philosophical discussiion/argument’ till he’s covered the technical stuff? ….or not…. 😜

Naaah, come off it.  The VM app only exists because some marketing drooler decided that VM had to have an app in order to stay current wiv da kidz.  It wasn't intended to do owt.  It took what, three plus years before it even recognised a Hub 4, so anybody thinking that it'll be amended to show technical info accurately needs to temper their expectations.  In the middle ages, swords were tempered in urine: I strongly recommend the same technique for the VM Connect app, and for all VM hubs.

Just tried the VM Connect app on Android 13, the Hub3 figures showed 1000x the Latency and 190x the Jitter of a Samknows Realspeed test.

@Client62 wrote:

Just tried the VM Connect app on Android 13, the Hub3 figures showed 1000x the Latency and 190x the Jitter of a Samknows Realspeed test.

Thanks for testing/posting. Haven’t tried my Android Dromo nor my MBP 15” ……… but did notice VMC now invited me to an hours interview:

DA15D5D2-FD12-4B05-A4F1-A64504EDEE62.png

Unfortunately this Milkshake seems to have “soured” with the lack of FT response and “lack of arrow to click” 😉  However I’ll complete it again by clicking on NEXT instead?

Oops Monday 13th Feb !!! IS THIS another time wasting scam from FT mismanagement? 
C2E885ED-2600-43D9-AD35-7D58E27A7990.png

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Well Friday arrived, the 1to1 interview was no longer displayed and my 2 pods were disconnected so I it looked like VM Networks were “playing” and I wrote VMC off as another VM time waster! ….. but I judged too early because Monday I got another email invite from Milkshake:

E29C01DC-9315-44A4-B1C5-B5910DD52DFC.jpeg

Ignoring the patronising “highly interesting profile”, it looks like I have an interview via Loopback next Monday before midday GMT….. At least I might get some compensation to add to our Ukraine and Turkey/Syria donations…..

Meanwhile any one want to add comments for future VMC upgrades other than my existing two?:

1. Correcting latency/jitter display.  
  2. Allowing remote access into VMC.
Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Well clearly VM Networks are still “playing/tweaking” with VMConnect and/or WiFi Pods over weekends as I lost both Pods connectivity earlier this morning and it took two soft reboots and one hard Pod reboot to resolve over 2 hr period between 8am to 10am!(Sat 25thFeb23)

Speeds on VMC for both Hub & WiFi are >250/25 Tier but unfortunately with same Hub latency/jitter excesses displayed. ;(

If Networks are still “playing” again late Monday am then Milkshake<>user 1to1 interview may well be cancelled!?!

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Networks are doing NOTHING, Horsey.  At least nothing to make WiFi/Pods/Connect work any better. 

xx

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the short period between getting a replacement Hub and putting it in modem mode, I though I would give the Connect app a go on iOS.

It didn't go well, wouldn't find the Hub despite reboots etc.  It wasn't long until I got fed up and uninstalled the app.  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

It must be a Nor’n Ir’n thing, mate!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)