cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Overheating

Spottyman2011
Joining in

Router red light showing and hot to the touch. Broadband working on all devices. Switched on and off but to no avail. Wish I could speak to somebody at VM about this.

4 REPLIES 4

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Make sure you turn it off at night.  The VM bods take a couple of days to get to a thread.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Spottyman2011

Sorry to hear of the Hub issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Your post is a little confusing as from checking the account you spoke to the team yesterday where this was discussed and support offered? Is this not the case? If not let us know and we're happy to help.

Rob

I haven't spoken to anybody apart from a chatbox. Eventually promised new router which would be delivered in 3 to 5 days. Now 10 days on nothing received, router still hot and light red. I am escalating a complaint, but fear I will be ignored. Contract with VM ends in two months, so light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi @Spottyman2011, thank you for your response. We're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔

In the first instance, please follow the below steps in the following order:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub
• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight
• Use the power switch to turn the unit back on

If after following the steps the router doesn't boot back up after a few minutes, or the red light returns when it does, it'll need replacing and we'll arrange that for you from here.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel