cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PON ID Issue

913P
Joining in

I have had visits from four separate engineers to resolve this issue with my 5x Hub and each time they say that my connection is fine, but my account has not been built correctly and I’m missing a PON ID. They have advised that I need the desktop team to rebuild my account to fix this, but when I call the +44 345 454 1111 number, the team try to arrange another engineer visit.

It has now been over three months since the initial installation and I have had no internet, but the account is ‘active’ so I’m being charged.

I submitted a complaint a month ago and have heard nothing back. Each of the engineers have also promised to liaise with their managers on the fix but I still have not had this resolved. 

I feel like I am going crazy! Has anyone had a successful fix or is there no hope and time to cancel and find another provider? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The PON ID not-connection issue (with a long delay to resolve) has been mentioned many times on here. VM support seems to be clueless about what is involved to remedy it so keep sending out VM tech's who are also unable to fix. In this past topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/New-connection-8-days-ago-but-has-never-w...

the unlucky customer called VM's bluff and put in a cancellation which resulted in the 'right' sort of tech being sent out.

Cancelling might bring about some action from VM but VM is such a chaotic sort of enterprise that it could just result in them processing a cancellation for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The PON ID not-connection issue (with a long delay to resolve) has been mentioned many times on here. VM support seems to be clueless about what is involved to remedy it so keep sending out VM tech's who are also unable to fix. In this past topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/New-connection-8-days-ago-but-has-never-w...

the unlucky customer called VM's bluff and put in a cancellation which resulted in the 'right' sort of tech being sent out.

Cancelling might bring about some action from VM but VM is such a chaotic sort of enterprise that it could just result in them processing a cancellation for you.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Should also have mentioned that if your service has been activated, you are being charged but you have a fault (as in a total loss of service) then you will be eligible for compensation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

The fault rate is £9.76 per day.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey 913P, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this. Also a very warm welcome to the community.

With this we are unable to assist from here as have a ringfence team looking about the HUB 5X who can be contacted on 0345 454 1111

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?