cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody comes to pick up the return kit and now Virgin want to charge me £ 40 for it

marcin_ori
Joining in

Hi,

I have been trying to return the HUB to you since the half of August. I already had two appointments and on the day when somebody was supposed to pick it up, I always get a text message at 17.00  "Hi, unfortunately as arranged we don't have a technician in your area to collect ou kit today, once we have someone free we will be in touch to make another appointment very soon. ".After that, of course, no one contacted me by phone, e-mail or SMS. Recently, when I called to your infoline, the lady informed me that someone would call to me as soon as possible and pick up return kit. and what ? no one called. My next pickup date is November 5th (it's probably a joke, but this date was the closest 3 days ago). And exactly on Tuesday, September 20, I received an e-mail that I was billed for £40, because I do not want to give you the HUB. Why should I pay penalty if it is your fault that nobody comes to me?

THIS IS SICK !!!

And how is it that this is the only one way of return (this information was provided to me by the lady from the infoline) ???

Sky is far far better !!!

WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING IS SCANDALOUS !!!

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi marcin_ori

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for this experience with the return of the router, the charge is automated but fully appreciate the issue at hand. I'll send you a PM now to sort this out.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hillol
Joining in

I have become the new Victim of Virgin media's Ridiculous automated Kit Collection process. Firstly Virgin stated that the Kit will be collected on 21st of June then on 20th of June Virgin stated that they will not be able to collect the kit. After that, I received a mail that Virgin will send the Kit collection package, however I have received nothing yet and now Virgin is sending me mails that I need to return my kit !!!

@virginmedia, This is absolutely ridiculous, moreover there is no platform to talk or connect with in regards to such problems. Please sort this out immediately !!!

Hi @Hillol thanks for your post, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding the collection of your equipment.

Can you advise how long has passed since you requested the returns kit? It can take up to 10 working days for this to arrive once this has been requested.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello @Tom_W1, I received a mail from Virgin on 22nd of May, stating that the Kit will be picked up on 21st of June. Then on 20th of June, I received a mail from Virgin that the pick-up will not happen. Again on 21st of June, I received a mail from Virgin that I will receive the Kit collection package but no date was mentioned. Now I am receiving mails from Virgin that I need to return the Kit else there will be charges. I am unable to book a new date as it always says that 'Sorry, it is too late...'. I can share all my details and all the emails to a designated support mail, if there is any.

Thanks for your response though.

Hillol Dasgupta

Hi @Hillol thanks for your reply here.

I understand - we can appreciate that the lack of communication as to what has happened here is not ideal and we do apologise for this.

However despite this, you are within the timescales of the returns kit reaching you. In terms of the contact received regarding the charges, this is automated when there is equipment outstanding so please don't worry, as long as the kit is returned as you receive the packaging there won't be any charge given to you.

We hope this helps and if there's anything else you need, please let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Dimitr
Joining in

Having the exact same problem. Requested a return kit 3 times already. Received nothing. Waiting for someone to come and pick up the router. No show. I think they are doing it on purpose to get our money. There is no other logical explanation. Disgusting. 

asim18
Fibre optic

Tell me about it. I've experienced the same thing. I had two boxes to return but they simply refused to send two return packages. They told me go to the collect+ point once, and then request another pack, and then make another trip specially for VM because their support mechanisms are so broken.

Then finally managed to get two return labels sent out after about 12-15 hours of phone calls.

Then when the two return labels finally arrived after almost a week of begging, they had the wrong address on them and printer toner smeared across half the label.

You cant make this stuff up. VM hands down the most bizarre company ever in my opinion, a company where 3 minute jobs turn into three week long epic sagas.

I wish we had regulators who could regulate the telecoms industry. It's literally a free for all at VM. I've witnessed better service in third world countries.

I am sorry to hear this asim18, just to confirm did you manage to get a correct label to send back to us?

If not let us know and I will send you a PM to get this sorted out. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?