cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin hub 5 firmware LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6

snozski
Up to speed

My router just rebooted and now I'm on this new firmware. 

Any word on what's changed or fixed ?   

I noticed on the stats page now it properly shows docsis 3.0 and 3.1 channels for download and upload

snozski_0-1696297278193.pngsnozski_1-1696297312625.png

49 REPLIES 49

Greenpalmer
Dialled in

I did a pinhole reset on my Hub 5 this morning in an attempt to fix the problem. 

Result -  upstream modulation still QAM 16 and BQM still solid red.

The only thing that has changed is my external IP address.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A new WAN IP would suggest VM are re-segmenting the area, or have replaced components in the Network?  Your BQM will need to be edited to reflect the new IP.  If the 16 QAM persists, VM will need to fix this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

skriller
Joining in
24-10-2023 04:17:58errorSW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present

Boooo..

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Same here, Hub 5 failed to update firmware last night. Circuit was down for approx. 1.5 hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Adduxi, didn't think to change the IP on the BQM. That's working now.

tonyw2
On our wavelength

Mine updated this morning. IP address unchanged...

Hub 5 failed software update - Virgin Media Community - 5425599

jk1990
Dialled in

I reset hub and it seems to have resolved bug with DHCP which resulted in no IP being allocated, and getting 169.x.x.x IP, or a total inability to connect to WiFi when you had lots of devices. I am a happy bunny. I got it overnight so it might be coming in batches or I had just left hub on for so long.

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

Hmm, looks like an attempt was made but it failed, what happens now, do they retry every night or am I stuck lol.

Time Priority Description

01-11-2023 02:40:10errorSW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present
01-11-2023 02:40:10noticeSW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-vmdg660-bbt076+voc-b.cm
01-11-2023 02:40:07noticeREGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status

@chrcoluk wrote:

Hmm, looks like an attempt was made but it failed, what happens now, do they retry every night or am I stuck lol.

Time Priority Description

01-11-2023 02:40:10errorSW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present
01-11-2023 02:40:10noticeSW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-vmdg660-bbt076+voc-b.cm
01-11-2023 02:40:07noticeREGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status

Mine did the same thing, failed first night, the next night was successful.

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

Net was down for a while with flashing yellow light, I waited a while, as it might have been in process of flashing, but after an hour I rebooted it manually, flashing yellow light came back, but luckily this time only briefly, now its back online.

I am using SC-QAM 4096 on downstream, lots of errors, but no uncorrectables.  OFDMA on upstream, is everyone else on a 94mhz QAM 4096 downstream channel?

All the 3.0 US channels are QAM16, not even QAM32.