cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major packet loss since last night - dead cab amp?

mattj_uk
Dialled in

Everything fine until about 6:15 last night and since then horrendous packet loss, upstreams at 32 and 16 QAM on a SH3. Rebooting the router did nothing. Can someone from the forum team contact me so this can be investigated? RM11 area.

52013feb8ccb93bad08796932158631cf7f46e3e-22-03-2024

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

mattj_uk
Dialled in

Nothing at the time but known to be a multi-customer issue (everyone else in the block of flats having the same problem).

Someone clearly came out and hit the appropriate piece of hardware with a hammer as it mysteriously fixed itself at about 11am.

mattj_uk
Dialled in

And broken again this morning. At least there seems to be a fault opened for it now on the status page, 08005610061 says "no faults in the area" though - as inaccurate as it usually seems to be here.

d72b273149395d5f0e33a0e21457ea819428263b-24-03-2024

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the 0800 still reporting no faults? What is "broken" what's the BQM like now ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mattj_uk 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your service, I have taken a look and I can see a few issues that would need an engineer to take a look. I'll pop you a private message across so we can arrange this. 

Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

mattj_uk
Dialled in

It looks like the Sunday impact may have been remediatory work; a short 10-15 minute spike and then has been fine since. So no further action needed...