cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency & Loss On Broadband

andrewberesford
Joining in

Hello,

I have intermittent increased latency and loss on a 250Mbps service a number of pre RS errors in the logs (Hub was power cycled 2 days ago). Hub 5 running in Modem mode. See images below.

Suspect noise on line or bad connection somewhere. Is this something VM are likely to be able to diagnose / fix.

Broadband fine most of the time, although I have had occassions with 25% loss which was noticeable.

Thanks

andrewberesford_0-1704980873150.pngandrewberesford_1-1704980912359.pngandrewberesford_2-1704980935980.pngandrewberesford_3-1704980962120.pngandrewberesford_4-1704980976403.pngandrewberesford_5-1704981042449.pngandrewberesford_6-1704981081131.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Stats look fine and the BQM seems to have settled down?  PreRS errors are nothing to worry about, it's the PostRS errors that are bad.  Just check all your cable connections are tight, as loose ones can cause noise ingress.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Stats look fine and the BQM seems to have settled down?  PreRS errors are nothing to worry about, it's the PostRS errors that are bad.  Just check all your cable connections are tight, as loose ones can cause noise ingress.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

andrewberesford
Joining in

Thanks for the response. Prior to hub reboot I had lots of PostRS errors and also T3 timeouts. Will see how things go over the next week or so.

Andrew

Thanks @andrewberesford,

Do feel free to keep us posted and we'll be on hand to assist where required.

All the best,

David_Bn